To pull the image from quay.io and push it to your own quay account that you created.
- To check the image in your local system, then pull the image from quay.io
> docker images
> docker pull quay.io/redhattraining/hello-world-nginx
2. sign into quay.io account
To sign into quay account, First of all you go to your quay account setting > CLI Password create an encrypted passwd for more security and please verify your password to generate an encrypted version then copy to encrypted password.
Execute this below command on your local system.
> docker login quay.io
3. Create new container with pulled image and check new container running or not.
> docker run -it — name nginx-server <image-id>
Text the webserver ( curl localhost-ip:server-port)
4. Tag new container to an images and push the image from quay.io account
> docker commit <container-id> <quay.io/username/repo-name>
> docker push <quay-io/username/repo-name>
5. Check your quay.io account, your container image pushed or not.
Thank you !!